Sunday 5 February 2012

Notebook for my husband

This is the notebook I made for my husband, as a rather late Christmas present.

I made the covers out of grungeboard, covered with sticky-backed canvas, painted brown then dry-brushed with a little white paint.  I covered the inside with vintage-styled patterned paper.

The gears were diecut from grungepaper, painted black then rubbed with a pewter-coloured metallic rub-on.  I stuck them on with Glossy Accents, along with the Ideaology bits and pieces.  I left the spinners free to spin.

I used large swivel clasps for the hanger, so my husband can separate them and hang the book up open.  I made a bookmark out of two small swivel clasps, so he can mark both the page of notes he's working on and the corresponding page of diagrams.



For the pages, I cut a pile of lined paper for my husband to write notes on, and a pile of cartridge paper for diagrams.  The pages are a bit smaller than the covers, so it took me a while to figure out how to punch the holes in the right place!

This is only the third binding I have done with my Bind-it-All, and it has worked out great!  I put my success down to the hints I received from Tasha (aka Chicken Licken) on UK Stampers.  Thanks very much, Tasha!

5 comments:

  1. Great book with perfect binding, looks super !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab book, love the idea of the swivel clasp hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous book and well done on successful binding mine is usually a bit wonky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your very complimentary comments, Sid, Angelnorth and Salamanda!

    Very encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats very clever - and having a combination of plain and lined paper is brilliant

    ReplyDelete