This is the notebook I made for my husband, as a rather late Christmas present.
I made the covers out of grungeboard, covered with sticky-backed canvas, painted brown then dry-brushed with a little white paint. I covered the inside with vintage-styled patterned paper.
The gears were diecut from grungepaper, painted black then rubbed with a pewter-coloured metallic rub-on. I stuck them on with Glossy Accents, along with the Ideaology bits and pieces. I left the spinners free to spin.
I used large swivel clasps for the hanger, so my husband can separate them and hang the book up open. I made a bookmark out of two small swivel clasps, so he can mark both the page of notes he's working on and the corresponding page of diagrams.
For the pages, I cut a pile of lined paper for my husband to write notes on, and a pile of cartridge paper for diagrams. The pages are a bit smaller than the covers, so it took me a while to figure out how to punch the holes in the right place!
This is only the third binding I have done with my Bind-it-All, and it has worked out great! I put my success down to the hints I received from Tasha (aka Chicken Licken) on UK Stampers. Thanks very much, Tasha!