Saturday 28 January 2012

Here is the first postcard I have made.  It was for the January swap on UK Stampers, on the theme of "Numbers".

As the postcard was to be posted naked, I didn't dare use my favourite Distress Inks, so I made the background with acrylic paints, diluted and splodged onto wet card.  I stamped the title and the little numbers in circles with paint.  The title didn't show up very well in the white paint, so I painted over it with black.  I made the large numbers by drawing through a stencil then painting along the lines.  I wrote the text with a Sakura pen.  Finally, I paint the edges with a gold paint-dabber.

For anyone who isn't old enough to recognise the quote against number 42, it comes from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment