My younger daughter lives in Kent, and she misses our Midland canals. So I decided to make her a book of canal photographs, that I took myself in Wolverhampton and at the Bratch locks during 2011.
I made the pages from offcuts of mountboard from a picture-framing shop. I cut all the pages to the correct height but over-sized in width, then stuck the pictures on both sides with gel medium. I die-cut the fancy edges, and used a craft knife to cut the "split" pages to fit. I sanded the excess paper off all the edges, then painted them with a gold paint dabber.
That's when the project ground to a halt!
Originally I was going to fix the pages together with book rings, but I decided I didn’t like them, so I bought myself a Bind-it-All and some wires to use instead. I tried out the BIA on another project first, but the binding didn’t go very well, and the loops ended up nowhere near round. I asked for advice on UK Stampers, and Tasha (aka Chicken Licken) gave me the hints I needed. She told me to set the squishing channel a bit wider, and to do the squishing bit by bit in stages. It worked a treat, so I have been able to finish my book. Thanks very much, Tasha!!
I’ve trimmed the book with bits and bobs, and I just need to put the title and “created by” on the blank areas of the back cover, then my daughter can have it. I just hope she likes it!