Wednesday 28 March 2012

My First Twinchies

On UK Stampers, Catherine AKA Stitcharama-girl recently organised a Twinchie Swap, with the theme of “Faces”.  I had never made twinchies before, but I decided, rather rashly, to have a go!

 

Luckily I recently bought the "Kids 6" stamp from Paper Artsy, so I had some faces, but I just couldn’t think what else to do!  Time was beginning to run out on me, so I decided just to mat-and-layer with 2 backgrounds.  The middle layers are sections from some pretty ATC backgrounds that I downloaded from Lisa’s AlteredArt.  I inked the back layers with Distress Inks, then used different parts of the big background stamp from the Papillon CMS1106 stamp set by Stampers Anonymous.  I couldn’t work out how to colour the faces to suit the style of the Paper Artsy stamp, so I chickened out and left them plain.  The paper looked a bit too white, so I used some extremely watered-down Distress Inks to tint the paper very slightly.  I inked all the edges then stuck everything together.  The twinchies seemed rather too thin, so I backed them all with plain white card, and inked the outside edges again.

I’m not particularly pleased with my twinchies – I think they look a bit boring.  I just hope my recipients will forgive me, and I’ll try to make a better job of it next time!

4 comments:

  1. Not boring to me. I think they are just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are very eye catching and beautifully stamped. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous.I love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are really great. Love the PaperArtsy stamps (what a great shop), and you've framed them gorgeously (I've finally given in and bought the Papillon set, so this is making me really happy with that decision!). Superb colours and design. Love, love them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete